Thursday, April 2, 2009

Apparently Leah is too hard....Leo will do.

The tides of the sea of Espanol are still at work, but I've found a twig to keep me afloat. I just spent 4 days in another town, visitiing another Peace Corps Volunteer who has been living in Costa Rica for 1 year and 4 months! It definitely gave me a feel for what it might be like for me, once I get to my site (which I still don't know where that is yet!). I was just in Tierra Blanca, which is about 2 or so hours away from where I am right now. And I couldn't believe it....it was SOOO cold! Es muy muy frio, especialmente en la noche! We were at a really high altitude and we went up to the highest Volcano in Costa Rica! Volcan Irazu! I totally got altitude sickness, but it was worth it! We were above the clouds and then we were in the clouds! It was awesome! I had fun meeting more Costa Ricans in the town and they were so nice and friendly! One guy said that I should stay in TB for 8 days, and I would become fluent in Spanish. Random side note, yesterday we had our weekly meeting about CED....that makes no sense to you, but hang on. I'm in a room with about 20 other people, who are my great friends now, and my chair completely bends and breaks, with me on it, which cause me to fall to the ground in the middle fo the room. It was very loud and very funny and very very very unexpected! Just a day in the life!









Fruit and veggies! What are they? I'm still not sure....






El helado....mmmmhhhhhh.




Aunt Jemima....it was a good day!




My backyard....notice the vaca.


3 comments:

  1. that's so awesome that you get to see that view when you wake up every morning!! and that el helado?! i don't know what it is but i want some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leah-

    So glad you are enjoying yourself and having a blast!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah--Sounds like things are going well! That's some yummy-looking ice cream. Keep posting--we love being able to see what you are doing!

    Liz B.

    ReplyDelete