Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm floating in a sea of Espanol.....that n is suppose to have a squiggle!

Boy oh boy! I am so happy with my decision to do this! This has really been a great experience thus far! I'm not on my computer right now, so I can't add any pictures, but I'll add some as soon as I can! I don't even know where to begin! Living with my host family has been awesome! They don't speak any English....none....nada....zip! And it forces me to use Espanol a lot more, even if I can't even make sentences. I basically say..."Me, hunger, yes." Or "Walk, 10 minutes, here" They can understand me, even if I'm talking like a caveman! And I always seem to make them laugh! One day I said "amarillo" which is yellow in Spanish and it was obviously wrong and we all laughed for 5 minutes straight! There have definitely been some funny moments! I'm sleeping really well, which is good! Like 9 1/2 hours some nights!!! And that is also with the help, for those of you who know me best, of my sound machine and facemask! My only complaint is that I'm being eaten alive by the bugs here! My legs are covered with random looking bites that aren't even in a circular shape and they kind of look like welts, but I took some Benadryl and it really helped...They say after a few months, I won't have that reaction any more. Anyways! The food is good! My host family laughs at me because I take picures of my meals! She just presents them so well and it's all different! I'll have to post one of them! There is so much more I want to write and say, and I don't even know where to begin! The town I live in is really small and we are on a mountain, so the streets are seriously mega mega hills! So I should have buns of steel upon returning to Estados Unidos (that's United States in Spanish!) The people are friendly and the fruit stands are absolutely amazing! They have fruits and vegetables I've never seen before! It's really awesome! Anyways! I have to go for now! Hopefully the next time I'm on, I can post some pictures! :) Chao!

1 comment:

  1. Time out. You took the sound machine to Costa Rica!?? You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete