Monday, March 16, 2009

The tree is no longer here...But I'll give you directions to it!

I made it to the town I'll be living in for the next 3 months! It's called Vuelta de Jorco!!! It's really really small and it has the cutest little shops and markets. We walked around the little town all day today and met a lot of the shop owners and people in the town. The people are very very friendly and I am learning new Spanish words every minute! Hopefully I can make it to intermediate-mid by the end of May! I'm at beginner low right now! Anyways, my familia is muy muy bien! There are two kids. A little boy and a little girl. The girl is soooo cute and we have already bonded. And I love the host mom and dad, too. They are so nice. They are definitely poor by American standards, but I can live on their level! The food is really good. They eat a lot of chicken, beans, rice, and plantains and avocado! Yum! And I've already gotten burnt by the sun! I am really happy and should be able to check my email somewhat frequently (at least once or twice a week!) This is such a great experience!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! It sounds like you're doing great and I'm so happy! I'm also glad you'll have internet access!! :-)

    ReplyDelete